- 1 How can you imitate the virtues of Mary?
- 2 How do you show devotion to Mary?
- 3 What can Mary teach us?
- 4 What are the 12 virtues?
- 5 Why is there more devotion on Mother Mary?
- 6 How do you show devotions?
- 7 How does Mother Mary show her love to us?
- 8 How did God send his message to Mary?
- 9 Why do Catholics Study Mary?
- 10 What are the qualities of Mother Mary?
- 11 What are the 5 virtues?
- 12 What are the 3 most important virtues?
- 13 What is the highest virtue?
How can you imitate the virtues of Mary?
THE TEN VIRTUES OF MARY
- PURITY. Purity is being in control of our passions and bodily desires, so that they always move us towards the true following of Jesus Christ in faith and love and never away from Him.
How do you show devotion to Mary?
- PRAY – It may sound silly to pray for a devotion that doesn’t “come naturally,” or take us by surprise (as we expect love to do).
- READ – There are certainly so many wonderful books written about Mary.
- DISCOVER – Allow God to reveal Mary to you, through a greater personal devotion.
What can Mary teach us?
Ten Lessons God’s Word has taught me through the life of Mary:
- Mary knew God’s Word.
- Mary was filled with the Spirit.
- Mary said “yes” to God’s plan for her life.
- Mary was quiet before the Lord and meditated on all He had done in her life.
- Mary turned to Jesus for help when she had a problem to be solved.
What are the 12 virtues?
Aristotle’s 12 virtues:
- Courage – bravery.
- Temperance – moderation.
- Liberality – spending.
- Magnificence – charisma, style.
- Magnanimity – generosity.
- Ambition – pride.
- Patience – temper, calm.
- Friendliness – social IQ.
Why is there more devotion on Mother Mary?
They believe this devotion may distract attention from Christ. According to practitioners, devotion to the Virgin Mary does not amount to worship, which is reserved for God. Both the Catholic and Orthodox traditions view Mary as subordinate to Christ, but uniquely so, in that she is seen as above all other creatures.
How do you show devotions?
Catholics have a variety of ways to show their devotion to or love of God the Holy Trinity. Catholics can attend Mass, pray the rosary or the stations of the cross, wear a religious medal, or say a novena (the same prayer for nine days in a row).
How does Mother Mary show her love to us?
Mary is our spiritual Mother. She sets the example of love and faithfulness to God. She intercedes for us in prayer and she bestows graces on us from God that God allows Her to. Not only did she tell the servers at the wedding feast to “ Do what he tells you,” but she reminds us, too, to follow her advice.
How did God send his message to Mary?
God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth with a message for Mary, who was promised in marriage to Joseph. The angel told Mary that she would have a son, whom she was to name Jesus. The angel said, “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High God.” Mary asked how this could be as she was a virgin.
Why do Catholics Study Mary?
We study Mary because there is no better example that could help us to understand what it means to respond to God’s revelation in Jesus Christ. We study her because she is both mother and first disciple of her son, because as such she is the concrete and complete example.
What are the qualities of Mother Mary?
Some characteristics and qualities of Mary:
- Loving (to Jesus)
What are the 5 virtues?
Understand the 5 virtues – Perseverance, Magnanimity, Temperance, Humility and Courage – and how you can apply them to your personal and professional life.
What are the 3 most important virtues?
The “cardinal” virtues are not the same as the three theological virtues: Faith, Hope and Charity (Love), named in 1 Corinthians 13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
What is the highest virtue?
Truth is the highest virtue, but higher still is truthful living.