- 1 What virtues did the Virgin Mary have?
- 2 What is Marian virtue?
- 3 What are the ten virtues?
- 4 What are the virtues of Jesus that you must imitate?
- 5 What are the seven virtues of the Catholic Church?
- 6 What can we learn from Mary?
- 7 What are the 12 virtues?
- 8 What are the 10 Marian virtues?
- 9 What is prudence virtue?
- 10 What are the 3 most important virtues?
- 11 What are the 5 virtues?
- 12 What are the greatest virtues?
- 13 What are the 7 virtues in the Bible?
- 14 What are the 9 virtues in the Bible?
- 15 What are the virtues of the Holy Spirit?
What virtues did the Virgin Mary have?
So what are the virtues of Mary? Her Angelic Sweetness, Ardent Charity, Blind Obedience, Constant Mental Prayer, Divine Purity, Divine Wisdom, Heroic Patience, Lively Faith, Profound Humility, and Universal Mortification.
What is Marian virtue?
Mary’s virtues are like the rays of a star enlightening our path and inspiring our behavior. The Marians made the “Ten Evangelical Virtues ” their Rule of Life (1699). However, the origin of this spiritual tradition antedates the foundation of the Marians of the Immaculate Conception.
What are the ten virtues?
They are deep honesty, moral courage, moral vision, compassion and care, fairness, intellectual excellence, creative thinking, aesthetic sensitivity, good timing, and deep selflessness.
What are the virtues of Jesus that you must imitate?
Jesus and the Virtues —The Christian Virtues Exemplified by Christ
- 1 Faith.
- 2 Moral excellence.
- 3 Knowledge.
- 4 Temperance.
- 5 Patience.
- 6 Godliness.
- 7 Brotherly Kindness.
- 8 Love.
What are the seven virtues of the Catholic Church?
After Pope Gregory I released his list of Seven Deadly (Capital) Sins in AD 590, the Seven Capital Virtues became identified as chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility.
What can we learn from Mary?
To reflect on this great moment in history, here are 3 practical lessons we can learn from Mary:
- Be prepared to be used by God. As an unmarried young woman from Nazareth, Mary has a very low social status, but God doesn’t care about that.
- Put your faith in God.
- Live your life as a servant of the Lord.
What are the 12 virtues?
Aristotle’s 12 virtues:
- Courage – bravery.
- Temperance – moderation.
- Liberality – spending.
- Magnificence – charisma, style.
- Magnanimity – generosity.
- Ambition – pride.
- Patience – temper, calm.
- Friendliness – social IQ.
What are the 10 Marian virtues?
THE TEN VIRTUES OF MARY
- PURITY. Purity is being in control of our passions and bodily desires, so that they always move us towards the true following of Jesus Christ in faith and love and never away from Him.
What is prudence virtue?
“ Prudence is the virtue that disposes practical reason to discern our true good in every circumstance and to choose the right means of achieving it; ‘the prudent man looks where he is going. ‘ Prudence is ‘right reason in action,’ writes Saint Thomas Aquinas, following Aristotle.
What are the 3 most important virtues?
The “cardinal” virtues are not the same as the three theological virtues: Faith, Hope and Charity (Love), named in 1 Corinthians 13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
What are the 5 virtues?
Understand the 5 virtues – Perseverance, Magnanimity, Temperance, Humility and Courage – and how you can apply them to your personal and professional life.
What are the greatest virtues?
A whole cluster of important human virtues —empathy, compassion, kindness, generosity, service, loyalty, patriotism (love of what is noble in one’s country), and forgiveness—make up the virtue of love.
What are the 7 virtues in the Bible?
The seven heavenly virtues are faith, hope, charity, fortitude, justice, temperance and prudence.
What are the 9 virtues in the Bible?
The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is a biblical term that sums up nine attributes of a person or community living in accord with the Holy Spirit, according to chapter 5 of the Epistle to the Galatians: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
What are the virtues of the Holy Spirit?
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord. While some Christans accept these as a definitive list of specific attributes, others understand them merely as examples of the Holy Spirit’s work through the faithful.